Orbital Decisions Preparer Components v2.1.3
Freeware for Delphi 3, Delphi 5 and Delphi 6 (including source code).
March 1999 v1.0; April 1999 v1.1; February 2001 v.1.1.3;
June 2002 v2.1.3
Request this component here : Information Request.
These data-aware components dynamically build field controls on the activation of a dataset and destroy them after the dataset closes.
- TODFieldsPreparer manages TDBEdit controls on a TScrollBox.
- TODBFieldsWindow encapsulates TODFieldsPreparer in a popup window
component and thus does not have a ScrollBox property.
- TODQRPreparer manages TQRDBText and TQRLabel controls in a QuickReport
report for dynamic query or changeable table/field reporting.
1) unzip the zip file into a new directory.
2) install component units ODFldPrp, ODFldWdw and ODQRPrep
The components are installed into a new component page called Orbital.
- Installs TODFieldsPreparer, TODFieldWindow and TODQRPreparer components that can be dropped onto a form.
Run the Preparer.dpr project to see a demonstration of using the components.
Using these components
See the enclosed project for examples of using these properties and events.
- Attach a TDataSource component to the DataSource property and a TScrollBox control to the ScrollBox property.
- If AutoPrepare is True, on the dataset opening, edit boxes and labels for each visible field in the dataset are created, and destroyed when the dataset closes,
- otherwise call the component's Prepare method to create and Clear method to clear.
- Set the DataSource property to the target dataset.
- Connect the Header.Band property to the QuickReport PageHeader or ColumnHeader band so that the preparer can place column headers (TQRLabel controls).
- Connect the Detail.Band property to the QuickReport Detail band so that the preparer can place column values (TQRDBText controls).
- If AutoPrepare is True, on the dataset opening, the column headers and values will be built, and destroyed when the dataset closes, otherwise explicitly call the Preparer and Clear methods.
- Contact us if you require a version of this component to work with Piparti/ReportWriter or AceReports.
We hope that you and your users enjoy using these components.
Please send feedback to